General Terms and Conditions for Supplementary Compensation
- Beneficiary: The passenger who has obtained the U-Wrap™ Luggage Protection Service.
- Luggage: Suitcases, purses, knapsacks and boxes protected with U-Wrap™.
- Guarantee: A Supplementary Compensation offered by U-Wrap™ in case of total loss or damage of luggage.
- Assistance: U-Wrap™ offers passenger assistance in case of total loss or damage of luggage.
- Beginning and Conclusion of Coverage: The present coverage becomes effective from the moment that the luggage protected with U-Wrap™ is checked-in with the Airline until reaching the arrival airport and retrieved by passenger.
The Guarantee Offers:
- Supplementary Compensation for total loss or damaged luggage.
- Assistance in searching for lost luggage.
The guarantee applies only to those passengers who have acquired the U-Wrap™ Luggage Protection Service for Domestic and International flights.
Supplementary Compensation for Total Loss or Damaged Luggage
Amounts of coverage:
- Loss of luggage for Domestic or International flights up to USD 3,300.00
- Damage of luggage up to USD 1,500.00
The stipulated Supplementary Compensation is subject to currency exchange rates of the local currency of each country where the Airline made the payment.
The Supplementary Compensation is Subject to the Completion of the Following Conditions:
- The Airline must have compensated the beneficiary for the total loss or damage of the luggage.
- In case of damage, the passenger must present a receipt of payment from the Airline detailing the cost of the suitcase replaced or repaired.
- The Supplementary Compensation will never exceed the amount paid by the Airline.
- The value of the combined payment of the Airline and U-Wrap™ will not exceed the established maximum amount stipulated in this contact.
- The passenger will only receive one Supplementary Compensation for each protected item.
- The passenger will have up to 60 days from the date on the Airline’s P.I.R. (Property Irregularity Report) to file a claim for Supplementary Compensation.
Note: If the 60 days Guarantee period after the date of purchase has lapsed, please refer to Activation to reactivate your Guarantee. Failure to do so will result in no Supplementary Compensation.
Instructions in Case of Lost or Damaged Luggage
- Before leaving the Baggage Claim area of the airport, the passenger will have to go to the counter of the Airline and complete a P.I.R. (Property Irregularity Report).
- The passenger will have to contact U-Wrap™ to inform of the loss or damage of luggage within 48 hours of arrival.
The Payment of the U-Wrap™ Supplementary Compensation is Subject to the Following documents:
- U-Wrap™ Registration Number Label.
- Copy of Airline Ticket.
- Reference code of P.I.R. (Property Irregularity Report).
- Copy of Passport or Photo Identification (Driver’s License, etc...)
- Original receipt from Airline reflecting payment of total loss or damage of luggage.
If any items listed above are omitted, the passenger cannot receive Supplementary Compensation from U-Wrap™.
In case of lost luggage, U-Wrap™ will offer assistance in recovering the item. U-Wrap™ is not responsible for the loss of the luggage. U-Wrap™ does not assume responsibility for the lost item, nor has direct knowledge of the Airline’s internal procedures for locating lost luggage. Refer to Customer Service Call Center for more information.